Autor Thema: Searching Frank Ullmann  (Gelesen 2357 mal)

Jostein Bø

• Gast
Searching Frank Ullmann
« am: 01.06.06 (23:06) »
Hallo!!

I'm writing from Telavåg - Norwegen.

Sorry I'm not able to write in German language, but anyhow I have to try this forum. I'm searching for Mr. Frank Ullmann, even though I know that Frank Ulmann is a very common name in Germany.  The Frank Ulmann I'm searching, was serving in WW2.  From a single photo I have of the young Frank in his uniform (seems to be a "gallauniform"), I can see that he probably served as an matrosenobergefreiter in the Minensucher- or Ubootjagdverbande.  I know for sure that he was in Oslo in march 1944, and maybee before that in the Narvik/Skjomen aera in the North of Norway and maybee also in Egersund in the south west. I also know that he survived the war, so if he is still alive, and hopefully he is, he must be about 85 years old now, so time is running fast.  I've written to WASt, but it will take at least 8-12 months before I will get any answer, if they can help at all.  So if someone knows something, or knows someone who knows someone who knows something, I would be very greatfull if You will contact me.

Best regards

Jostein Bø

Telavåg - Norwegen